Dear Car Guy,
We’ve recently been talking a lot about the costs associated with being a Car Guy. Although many of those are monetary, I wanted to point out a few that perhaps get overlooked from time to time.
Here are some of them, plus some other signs you know you’re a Car Guy:
1. You cancel weekend plans when you get a new part in the mail.
2. Your knuckles look like you could possibly be a bar brawler… Slipping with one too many wrenches, eh?
3. After a race weekend your neck or back is sore whether or not you crashed… things can get tense when you’re invested.
4. Your finger nails haven’t looked ‘clean’ since your wife made you scrub for a couple hours to go to a wedding last month.
5. You’re just as possessive of your tools as you are of your car.
6. You can handle a fight with your lady, an overzealous and annoying boss, and your best friend being flakey, however there is no excuse when car parts are delayed.
7. You know your acquaintances by what they drive—not what they’re named… You know: Luke with the Red Gen1…
8. You plan your vacations around the next big car meet.
9. You have never understood why people use a tax return for anything other than car parts.
10. You get offended when people say DIBS at the possibility of you parting out.