After a long wait and a lot of testing, we’re proud to announce the launch of the CorkSport 4 Piston Big Brake Kit for the 2014+ Mazda 3 and Mazda 6, and the 2013+ Cx5.
Why upgrade your brakes to something of this level?
On our own 2015 Mazda 3 SCCA race car, we’ve found that even mildly increased power levels can burn up the stock brakes on the track. We melted the OEM dust boots off the stock calipers after two race weekends, which is not a good sign for longevity of OEM components.
CNC machined from extremely lightweight billet aluminum, the CorkSport calipers use an opposed piston design that is fixed to provide highly improved pad wear and caliper rigidity over the OEM design. At just over 7lbs, the aluminum CorkSport Big Brake Kit shaves almost 7lbs of unsprung weight off each corner of your Mazda 3, all while adding more stopping power and a much better pedal feel.
Available in 3 anodized colors, this brake system includes everything you need to easily upgrade your stock braking system including: high strength steel brackets, calipers, slotted brake rotors, stainless steel braided front brake lines, brake pads, and all necessary hardware.
The 2014+ Mazda 3 Big Brake Kit has the following features:
- Superior Construction: Crafted from billet aluminum and made to last with durable components.
- Longevity: With dual O-rings far away from the brake pads, these calipers are able to handle much more abuse than typical dust boot equipped calipers.
- Lightweight: At just over 7lbs a side, this kit saves almost 7lbs of unsprung weight per corner!
- Versatile: Designed around a popular brake pad style (Hawk #HB750), you can use almost any brake pad compound available on the market.
- Available in Three Colors: Choose from black, red or blue in a durable anodized finish.
- Ease of Use: With simple hand tools you can change brake pads in minutes and you are able to rebuild, so you can be back to factory fresh brakes in no time.
- CorkSport Service and Support: Receive full color installation instructions, all of the needed installation hardware, and knowledgeable telephone support.